Fuel EX 8 is the ideal trail bike for riders who want a versatile full suspension ripper that makes soul-crushing climbs less painful, but can also huck rowdy trails. It hits the sweet spot of value and performance in our mountain bike line-up by combining high-end parts with a stout but light alloy frame.
It's right for you if...
You're cool with your wheels leaving the ground, but you also like to go the distance on marathon singletrack sessions. You want a bike that lets you crush any trail, and your priority is on the parts.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminium frame, 140 mm FOX Rhythm 34 fork, and 130 mm of rear travel with an extra-efficient RE:aktiv damper. A SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drive train with an extra-low 52-tooth climbing gear, plus a Bontrager Line dropper post.
The final word
Fuel EX 8 gives you added efficiency with SRAM's latest, widest-range drive train and Trek's unique RE:aktiv damper that provides firm pedalling support without giving up any plush compliance.
Why you'll love it
- A wider gear range and more efficient suspension help you claw your way up tricky climbs you never thought you'd clean
- If you measure quality in performance per pound, you won't do better than Fuel EX 8
- This bike will make you want to rail every corner, smash every rock garden and charge every descent
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝ and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels