Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a fast cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher quality suspension fork and a wide-range 1x drive train.
The tech you get
A light frame with internal shift cable and brake hose cable routing, a smoother-feeling RockShox Judy fork with a lockout, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes and a simple 1x drive train that ditches the front derailleur for less clutter and easier operation. Don't worry, with the wide-range 11-46 cassette, you still get all the gears you need for clawing up climbs and blazing down descents.
The final word
The RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing, and quality parts make it the best choice in the Marlin line-up for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It’s fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
Why you'll love it
- This is one of our most popular bikes for good reason. You get all the value, plus all the versatility – it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- It's really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- Great suspension at an even better price
- The 1x drive train gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount