X-Caliber 8 is a cross-country mountain bike made for fast laps and long days on the trail. It's built with special attention to value and the parts that make the biggest difference in performance. A 1x SRAM drivetrain, RockShox fork, and hydraulic disc brakes make it a great choice for new mountain bikers and XC racers searching for fast, fun, singletrack adventure.
It's right for you if...
You're looking for a fast mountain bike for singletrack – one that's fully capable of taking on races, marathons and competitive group rides. You want something that is reliable and fun with dependable, lightweight parts.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, a RockShox 30 Silver 100 mm suspension fork with a lockout and an air spring that's lighter and more adjustable than a coil spring, tubeless-ready wheels with Boost141 hub spacing and a smooth, efficient SRAM SX Eagle 1x12 drive train with a wide-range cassette.
The final word
With X-Caliber 8, you're getting a performance frame paired with performance parts, like a RockShox air fork and 1x SRAM Eagle drivetrain. Plus, it's equipped with durable, lightweight alloy rims that save weight and are easy to upgrade to tubeless.
Why you'll love it
- It has the price of a more basic hardtail, but the parts and performance of a more expensive one
- The RockShox air fork has a rebound adjust and can be tuned to the rider’s weight, and it’s way higher quality than what you’d normally get on an MTB at this price
- The frame is fully compatible with higher-end parts, like race wheels and a dropper post, if you ever find the need to upgrade
- Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits (29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames)
- The 1x drive train delivers a wide range of gearing with the simplicity of a single shifter